Bibliology helps us understand that the Bible is and shows us why it is truly God’s Word. God has spoken to us and shown forth His will to us through His Word. After having concluded this course, we will all have a greater appreciation for the Bible, a greater confidence and trust in God’s love letter to us! Here is what we will study:
- The Canon of Scripture: What belongs in the Bible and why it does not belong? How do we know that what we have today is the actual Canon of Scripture?
- The Authority of Scripture: Is the Bible God’s Word? We will look at various evidence.
- The Inerrancy and clarity of Scripture: Is the Bible really without error? Can the Bible be understood by all believers?
- The Interpretations of Scripture: How do we properly interpret the Bible?
We will research and answer all these questions and more. I look forward to spending these 8-9 weeks with you and taking this journey as our passion and joy of God’s word increases daily.
Class Outlines and Weekly Chart
- Introduction to Bibliology
- The Cannon of Scripture
- The Authority of Scripture
- How We Know the Bible is God’s Word:
– Manuscript Evidence
– Archaeological Evidence
- The Inerrancy and Clarity of Scripture
- Bible Origins and Translations
- Inspiration and Interpretation of the Bible